Food Safety & Hygiene
This Food Safety & Hygiene course will teach you about food safety and hygiene in the workplace as well as improving your knowledge on food contamination, hygiene and allergens.
- State the sources and risks to food safety from contamination and cross-contamination to include microbial, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards
- Identify how to deal with food spoilage including recognition, reporting and disposal
- Recognise safe food handling practices and procedures for storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food
- Recognise the importance of temperature controls when storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food
- Identify stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation